This is an update of Singapore’s telecoms market, covering fixed broadband and mobile market trends and regulation. It includes service provider performance, multiplay services and bundling, MVNOs, and TV/video market outlook.
- Despite being close to saturation, Singapore's mobile market has seen the entry of multiple MVNOs, which are capitalizing on the incumbents' inability to offer differentiated products and drive competition.
- Data pricing will continue its downward trajectory. Singapore is the most expensive data market in the region. In mid-2017, incumbents started offering unlimited data plans to both new and renewing customers as they reacted to competition from emerging players.
- Enterprise market growth will gain momentum. While SingTel has always remained focused on strengthening its enterprise services portfolio, StarHub is now also expanding its reach in the enterprise services market.
Features and Benefits
- Examines mobile market trends and explains operator dynamics. Offers insights on the MVNO market.
- Evaluates competition in the fixed broadband segment and identifies operators' areas of focus.
Key questions answered
- What drivers are going to feed growth in the mobile market over the next five years?
- How might upcoming 4G licensing affect the market?
- What key milestones have been achieved to make Singapore a "smart nation"?
Table of contents
Download 1: Singapore Update, February 2018