Bulgarian authors' society Musicautor has reported a second consecutive year of growth in collections. Although the rate of growth in 2018 was notably lower than in 2017, the collection total set a new high, beating the previous record set in 2015.
- The three biggest sources of income – TV, radio, and general licensing – registered differing performances, with retroactive collections largely affecting the sectors' results. Live music and digital scored the biggest rise in receipts.
Features and Benefits
- Details the 2018 financial year for the Bulgarian authors' society Musicautor.
- Examines collections by source and assesses the main reasons for growth.
Key questions answered
- What is the biggest revenue source for Bulgarian authors and publishers?
- Why are digital collections in Bulgaria as a share of the total much lower than in more developed markets?
Table of contents
Second consecutive year of growth for Musicautor
Mixed year for broadcasting
Big turnaround in digital and live-music collections