Royalty collections in China have increased for the 10th consecutive year, with a year-on-year growth rate more than twice the rate in 2017.
- Royalty collections in China have increased for the 10th consecutive year. In September the Chinese authors’ society, MCSC, published its business report for 2018, confirming that total collections had topped the previous year's record and exceeded CNY300m ($41.8m) for the first time.
Features and Benefits
- The research note details the 2018 collection results for Chinese authors' society MCSC.
- The note examines collections by source and explains why digital receipts grew sharply last year.
Key questions answered
- What share of total collections for MCSC came from online media?
- Aside from digital, which revenue streams registered growth for MCSC in 2018?
Table of contents
Another new collection record for Chinese authors
Tencent Music deal more than doubles online receipts
Karaoke and live income up but broadcasting income down