An update of the state of play in the global set-top box (STB) market, covering regions, technologies, and comparisons to adjacent segments: streamers and smart TVs.
- 4K UHD will be driving most of the STB replacements in the coming years, especially for large premium DTH operators in North America, Europe, and South-East Asia.
- Ovum has introduced Android TV set-top-box forecasts for the first time. Adoption will remain small relatively speaking, but growth in this segment will be driven by pay-TV operators wanting a fast solution to launch next-gen services.
- Ovum’s latest STB forecast has introduced tier 2 markets, increasing the number of forecasted countries to 91.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses the competitive landscape for STBs regionally and globally.
- Contextualizes the STB market compared to smart TVs and media streamers.
Key questions answered
- How much will the STB market grow over the next five years?
- What are the drivers and inhibitors of the STB market?
- How will Android TV grow in the operator-STB segment?
Table of contents
Download 1: Set-Top Box Forecast Report: 2019–24