Several of the companies founded to develop SD-WAN routing technology have enjoyed significant customer uptake, but now the expansion of this market segment has attracted vendors from the traditional security and WAN optimization markets.
- The market for software-defined wide-area networking (SD-WAN) technology has taken off over the last three years, as an increasing number of companies seeking to reap the benefits of more agile, dynamic and cheaper branch-office connectivity without losing quality of service.
Features and Benefits
- Explains the benefits of SD-WAN versus conventional WAN.
- Charts the progress of SD-WAN technology in recent years.
Key questions answered
- Why are firewall vendors now offering SD-WAN?
- How does the motivation for WAN optimization vendors to get into this market differ?
Table of contents
SD-WAN is an expanding market
Firewall and WAN optimization vendors have joined the fray
Ovum charts the lay of the land in SD-WAN