This is an update of the Saudi Arabia market covering mobile, fixed broadband, TV, operator initiatives, consumer market trends, and regulation. It includes subscription and revenue forecasts for mobile and fixed broadband.
- All three operators in the region are preparing for 5G launch by 2019. CITC also has plans to convert the test-and-trial licensees to full and exclusive 5G spectrum awards in 3.4–3.8GHz by mid-2019. The awards of mm-wave spectrum could follow by the beginning of 2020.
- In 2018, the Saudi Arabian operators reported an increase in their revenues in spite of the challenging economic conditions and regulatory environment including reduction of mobile termination rates and continuous adverse impact from the upliftment of the ban on VoIP applications on international calls revenues.
- Saudi Arabia's multichannel TV market is dominated by DTH technology, which accounted for 90% of the market at the end of 2018.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses Saudi Arabia's ICT market.
- Evaluates the mobile, fixed, and TV industry in Saudi Arabia.
Key questions answered
- Who are the market leaders in the fixed and mobile markets?
- What are the market shares of the key players?
- How will revenues grow in the next five years?
Table of contents
Download 1: Saudi Arabia: Mobile, Broadband, TV, and OTT Video Report