This is an update of the Saudi Arabia market, covering mobile, fixed broadband, TV, operator initiatives, consumer market trends, and regulation. It includes subscription and revenue forecasts for mobile and fixed broadband.
- Saudi Arabia had 44.20 million mobile subscriptions and a mobile penetration rate of 133.7% at end-2Q18. However, mobile subscription numbers have declined in the past year, due to the SIM registration requirements imposed by the Saudi telecoms regulator, the CITC.
- In September 2017, the CITC revoked the ban on internet voice and video calling apps such as Skype, Viber, and WhatsApp. With the lifting of the ban on internet voice and video calling apps, and improvements in broadband connectivity, it is expected that VoIP services will become popular among consumers in Saudi Arabia.
- Saudi Arabia's pay-TV market will continue to grow, leading to increased competition between pay DTH provided by OSN, beIN, and Al-Majd and IPTV provided by STC and Mobily.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses Saudi Arabia's ICT market
- Evaluates the mobile, fixed, and TV industry in Saudi Arabia
Key questions answered
- Who are the market leaders in the fixed and mobile markets?
- How will revenues grow in the next five years?
- What are the market shares of the key players?
Table of contents
Download 1: Saudi Arabia: Mobile, Broadband, TV, and OTT Video Report