Report finds paid for streaming edges free listening in three of the four Nordic countries
- Sweden had the highest share of total consumers that paid to stream, at 51%, ahead of Norway, at 50%. Both countries' shares increased, from 48% in 2017.
Features and Benefits
- The research note details the results of a study by Polaris Nordic on streaming in the Nordics.
- The note illustrates the differences in streaming by paid and free as well as other findings of the report.
Key questions answered
- What share of consumers in Sweden use paid for streaming tiers as opposed to free tiers?
- How does radio rank to streaming in terms of music discovery in the four Nordic countries?
Table of contents
Recorded-music streaming in the Nordics
YouTube and Spotify the Nordic streaming leaders
Radio still the leading source for music discovery