Regulators and lawmakers are starting to turn their attention to long-standing abuses in the ticketing business.
- New rules and legislation have already been introduced or are in the pipeline in a number of countries, but all participants in the live music sector have the duty to do more to better protect consumers.
Features and Benefits
- Examines moves in the live sector to tighten up the ticketing process.
- Explains what moves have been made to improve ticketing and which companies should take the lead to improve the sector.
Key questions answered
- What are the current problems in the ticketing sector at the moment?
- What should companies do to improve ticketing?
Table of contents
Live Nation and Ticketmaster under regulator spotlight
Tackling exploitative ticketing practices
Transparency on pricing and the added extras