Second quarter results show that UMG is making higher recorded-music sales gains than its closest rival, SME.
- French media company Vivendi and Japanese electronics giant Sony Corp. have reported financial details for their respective music subsidiaries, UMG and SME.
Features and Benefits
- Details the second-quarter and first-half-year sales for the world's two biggest music companies.
- Examines the companies' financial results and explains where the gains have come from.
Key questions answered
- What share of UMG's revenue came from streaming in the first half of this year?
- Of the two major music groups, which registered the higher increase in streaming revenue?
Table of contents
Streaming and physical sales boost UMG revenue
Recorded and publishing gains for SME