WMG has reported financial details for the third quarter (April to June) of its 2019 financial year. Total revenue for the company increased year on year for the 15th consecutive quarter, with the continued rise in streaming again cited as the main reason for growth.
- The results for 3Q FY19 show that total revenue exceeded $1bn for the fourth quarter in a row and the fifth time in the company's history.
Features and Benefits
- Details the April-to-June quarter for WMG and analyzes the results by sector.
- Compares revenue performance for the recorded-music and music-publishing divisions.
Key questions answered
- What share of combined recorded-music and music-publishing revenue in the quarter was generated by music streaming?
- What was the best-performing sector for Warner Chappell?
Table of contents
Contrasting performance for recorded music and publishing
Streaming growth more than offsets the physical sales slump
Not such a good quarter for publishing