This report is Ovum's annual review of the radio access network (RAN) vendor market. Companies covered in the report include CommScope, Ericsson, Huawei, Mavenir, Nokia, Samsung Networks, and ZTE.
- OpenRAN movement has the potential to break the market dominance of the three largest RAN vendors.
- 5G will help bring growth back to the RAN market.
Features and Benefits
- Describes the strategies and challenges relating to the major RAN vendors.
- Provides 12-month market share and five-year revenue forecasts.
Key questions answered
- How do the different RAN vendors compare?
- What trends could change the structure of the RAN market?
Table of contents
RAN market defined
An overview of the mobile network
RAN market forecast
Thanks to 5G and LTE, growth will return
RAN market share
Huawei stays number one in 2017
Market-shaping trends for 2018
5G, OpenRAN, and vRAN open the door for new competitors
5G trials become real contracts setting the stage for the next decade in RAN leadership
Highlights of market leaders, challengers, and niche players