This research note looks at the key points and issues found in Ovum's annual RAN revenue forecast.
- With total revenues of approximately $32.1bn, 2017 results were down by over $6bn from the market high of 2015.
- . Late 2018 and throughout 2019 there will be some commercial 5G networks, but Ovum forecasts it will be 2020 before the investments in 5G are significant enough to get the market growing again.
Features and Benefits
- Learn which regions Ovum expects will have the strongest growth rates between 2017 and 2023.
- Learn how RAN revenues are split between 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G.
Key questions answered
- How big will the RAN market be in 2023?
- How much RAN revenue comes from different markets?
Table of contents
2017 was another down year
5G will change the losing streak in 2020
RAN vendors need to build the case for 5G without killing off LTE