This spreadsheet contains Ovum's latest radio access network (RAN) revenue forecast through 2024. This forecast includes revenue split by 5G, LTE, WCDMA/HSPA, CDMA, and GSM.
- For RAN equipment vendors, 2018 was a good year. Revenue actually grew for the first time in several years. However, this growth primarily came from sales of LTE gear because operators are still investing to improve network coverage and capacity. 5G's impact on the market will be felt in 2019 and help push overall market growth for the next several years.
Features and Benefits
- Help vendors in forecasting the size of the market through 2024.
- Understand how quickly some technologies are being invested in and how quickly operators are pulling back investments in other technologies.
Key questions answered
- How big will the RAN market be in terms of revenue in 2024?
- When will 5G investments overtake LTE investments?
- How much will 5G investments grow the overall RAN market value?
Table of contents
Download 1: Radio Access Network Forecast: 2019–24