The lack of security and privacy in an increasingly digital world means people and businesses are more vulnerable than they should be, and this fact is driving new interest in solutions to existing security problems.
- Data mismanagement has been a common lead story in the news for much of the past 20 years. The top 10 largest security breaches of the 21st century account for more than 4 billion exposed records, and there have been far more than that. Loss of data leads to loss of money, time, trust, and consumer confidence.
Features and Benefits
- Learn about the issues facing consumer data governance
- Identify weaknesses in security and privacy strategies and learn how to address them.
- Plan for upcoming changes in data regulations.
Key questions answered
- How can data security and privacy changes improve customer engagement?
- What are the things to consider when addressing security and privacy?
Table of contents
Recommendations for enterprises
Recommendations for vendors
Businesses and consumers have realized the importance of privacy and security
Fear-based reactions are overdone
Security and privacy are different, but related
Vulnerability is driving investment in data management
Security is a top concern for IT buyers
Good privacy and security are business advantages
Cultural and regional differences exist in security adoption
Privacy is a balancing act
Europe and America take different approaches
Data management will become a matter of quality over quantity
Involve the customer
What to collect, and what not to collect