This update provides a detailed analysis of all of Poland's main music industry sectors.
- Poland is Eastern Europe's second largest recorded-music market behind Russia. However, the country is the region's leader for trade earnings from the sale of physical formats and revenue from performance rights.
- Although high levels of piracy have restricted efforts to establish a digital sector, rising consumer interest in streaming and subscriptions has meant digital is accounting for an increasing share of overall trade sales.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses the main aspects of Poland's music industry.
- Covers recorded-music sales, music company market shares, the retail sector, digital infrastructure, rights collections, and live.
Key questions answered
- What share of recorded-music trade sales were from streaming last year?
- What is the biggest revenue generator for Polish authors and publishers?
Table of contents
Four consecutive years of recorded-music growth
Rapidly developing digital sector
Copyright protection and rights administration
Collective management of copyright and related rights
Second straight year of growth for Polish authors' rights
The potential impact of shifting demographics