Ovum's Pay-TV Leaders and Telco TV Forecast provides subscriber growth and market share projections for a given country's largest service providers, as well as country-level projections for telcos' aggregated TV connections, revenues, ARPU, and pay-TV subscriber market share. Both the individual service provider and country-level telco TV forecasts include OTT video as well as pay-TV connections.
- Increased deployment and uptake of telcos' standalone OTT video services will significantly boost overall connection volumes over the forecast period, with OTT penetration of total video connections reaching the highest levels in North America and Latin America and the Caribbean, Globally, OTT will account for 11% of telco video connections by 2022.
Features and Benefits
- Provides individual service provider subscriber and market share forecasts split by technology platform, with the option to toggle between viewing all operator/service provider types and only telcos.
- Presents aggregated pay-TV and OTT connections subscriber and market share projections for a country's leading pay-TV operators and telcos.
Key questions answered
- Who are the biggest pay-TV and network-based OTT video service providers in a given country market and how do we expect them to perform in terms of subscriber and market share growth?
- How do telcos compare to other non-telco operators in terms of subscriber and market share growth?
- How are network-based operators making the transition from traditional pay-TV to OTT video?
Table of contents
Download 1: Pay-TV Leaders and Telco TV Forecast: 2017–22