Passwords aren't going away anytime soon, yet enterprises continue to follow outdated password policies. Organizations should review policies and add security layers around passwords.
- Organizational password policies have rarely been updated in line with advice from independent cybersecurity advisory agencies.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses the current approach to password management.
- Analyzes additional controls on top of passwords.
Key questions answered
- What should organizations consider for password management?
- Why should password expiry not be enforced?
Table of contents
Password policies are outdated
Enterprises should stop enforcing regular expiry of passwords
Multifactor authentication layers additional controls on top of passwords
Everyone must take responsibility