As part of Ovum's ongoing Telco Services Innovation Radar project, we reviewed 99 announcements of innovative services launched by service providers around the world in November 2017. Our selection for innovation of the month is the Optus Assistant service.
- Optus's collaboration with Google could put digital service providers back on the API map by integrating service provider user information with that available in smart assistant platforms, thus enabling a smarter flow of information to aid in day-to-day device-assisted decision-making.
Features and Benefits
- Identifies the most innovative service of the month.
- Analyzes the potential for other industry players
Key questions answered
- What was the most innovative service launched in November 2017?
- How many services did Ovum track in November 2017?
Table of contents
Optus managed to expand beyond the traditional telco API model
Innovative use case to push device and fixed revenues