This article discusses key findings from Ovum's 2H18 update of our IoT Investment Tracker.
- The IoT Investment Tracker added 45 new deals listed in 1H18, bringing the total covered to 288.
- This article analyzes the key findings highlighted in the update.
- Key takeaways include growing activity by software and Internet players, the shifting balance between horizontal and vertical investments, and the growing importance of artificial intelligence (AI) in the IoT deal mix.
Features and Benefits
- Evaluates the technology, geographic, and use case trends for IoT investments by tech firms
- Discusses the implications for the market
Key questions answered
- Which major new areas are emerging for IoT investment?
- Which types of firms are investing most, and least, in IoT acquisitions and strategic investment deals?
Table of contents
Software and internet firms lead the pack for number of IoT deals
Deal analysis reflects growing interest in IoT links with AI
Implications and recommendations