Ovum's selection for innovation of the month is Telefónica's IoT project to try to increase road safety by helping to reduce accidents on Spanish roads.
- Telefónica's IoT road safety project is particularly innovative because of its partnership approach and the way it brings together different existing technologies and capabilities in its goal to develop a launch-ready service that will successfully reduce the number of road accidents in Spain.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses how a telco is developing new types of services.
- Examines how Telefónica is using IoT in this approach to road safety.
Key questions answered
- What is Ovum's innovation of the month for September 2019?
- How will Telefónica use IoT in this initiative to improve road safety?
Table of contents
Telefónica looks to IoT to improve road safety
Next steps: refine the technology and add partners