Our selection for innovation of the month is SK Telecom’s mobile social VR app, which enables users to interact with each other while watching OTT content in the same virtual environment.
- The service is another excellent example of an operator identifying an area to compete in, and partnering with experts in the field, in conjunction with its own in-house capabilities, to launch a service that targets a strong existing user base.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses how a telco is developing new types of services.
- Examines how SKT developed the service with its partner.
Key questions answered
- What is Ovum's innovation of the month for October?
- What kind of VR service has SKT developed?
Table of contents
SKT makes an early play in a fast-growing VR market
Next steps: improve the experience and add more features