Our selection for innovation of the month is SKT’s partnership with the Korea Meteorological Administration (KMA) to install earthquake-detecting sensors on the telco’s radio station clusters.
- The sensors, which are the size of a smartphone, can detect the intensity of seismic waves and earth shaking, as well as gravity load, in real time.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses how a telco is developing new types of connected products and services.
- Examines how a telco can partner with experts in other sectors.
Key questions answered
- What is August's innovative service of the month?
- How has SKT developed a new type of digital service?
Table of contents
SKT identifies how technology can help save lives
Next steps: Leverage the proposition in other areas