This Ovum Network Services Assessment covers Telefónica’s transformative network services, supporting offers, and overall strategy.
- Telefónica is well-known for its deep national operating footprint in some key economies of Europe and across most of Latin America. The operator continues to expand partners, PoPs, and NNIs to bolster a global network presence.
- Telefónica has launched a new enterprise portal, SEDA, to bring together connectivity with advanced services, including bandwidth-on-demand, software-defined WAN (SD-WAN), and network functions virtualization (NFV).
- Drawing on its UNICA infrastructure, Telefónica has begun to deploy commercialized virtual network functions in addition to SD-WAN. Its initial releases begin with virtual firewall and virtual remote access offers.
Features and Benefits
- Learn what connectivity and advanced network services Telefónica supports for its enterprise customers.
- Summarizes network security services and related professional services available for enterprises.
- Understand how Telefónica goes to market with its direct sales force and how it positions the company's Central Web Portal.
Key questions answered
- What connectivity services, advanced network services, and supporting services does Telefónica offer enterprises?
- How does Ovum rank Telefónica on factors such as market clout, networking, managed services, and network-related security capabilities?
- What has Telefónica done with its UNICA architecture, and what are its roles in NFV services and in the open source MANO initiative?
Table of contents
Download 1: Ovum Network Services Assessment: Telefónica