This assessment covers the transformative large enterprise fixed network services of CenturyLink, its supporting offers, and overall strategy.
- CenturyLink has completed its integration of Level 3 Communications, consolidating massive national US fiber assets and a global network reach.
- The company leverages its fiber network to extend into adjacent opportunities including CDN, media, edge compute, and security services.
- The company is developing operational automation and ease of use: Faster delivery and more frictionless buying experiences appeal both to larger enterprises and SMEs.
Features and Benefits
- Examines CenturyLink's fixed core WAN services including global MPLS, Ethernet VPN and secure internet gateways.
- Examines CenturyLink's managed network services including SD-WAN, evolving NFV and WAN/cloud connect.
- Examines CenturyLink's managed network security services including DDoS and threat protection.
- Examines CenturyLink's supporting professional services resources across networking and security.
Key questions answered
- What is the span of CenturyLink's US domestic and global networking portfolio targeting large enterprises?
- What is CenturyLink doing with its edge computing architecture, integrated with its core network?
- What tactical recommendations does Omdia have for CenturyLink's network services evolution?
- What tactical recommendations does Omdia have for large enterprises considering CenturyLink's network portfolio?
Table of contents
Download 1: Enterprise Network Services Assessment: CenturyLink