Ovum's 2017/18 ICT Enterprise Insights program looked at key issues in digital maturity. This report covers two key aspects of digital maturity: the need for clear and adaptable strategy, and the centrality of data to the digital era.
- Given the emergent nature of digital business, it would be surprising if organizations were completely satisfied with their digital strategies. However, not to be seriously assessing digital options and approaches amounts to a significant strategic risk being carried by these organizations.
Features and Benefits
- Compare your organization's digital maturity with others in your industry sector and beyond.
- Discover why traditional fixed strategy doesn't work in this digitally disrupted era.
Key questions answered
- How can strategy help navigate these digitally disrupted times?
- What use is strategy, if the world is changing rapidly around us?
Table of contents
Recommendations for enterprises
Recommendations for vendors
Digital maturity is important in addressing today's business challenges
Success will depend on a clear vision and aligning the organization to digital delivery
Adaptable strategy can enable flexible implementation
Customer (or citizen) engagement is critical to success
Agility and maturity go hand in hand in the digital era
Harness data to find and exploit digital opportunities
Creating new digital products or services
A streamlined back office is key to delivering the customer promise
There is much to learn from early adopters and other industry sectors
Strategic incrementalism can be effective in times of rapid change