Analysis of Ovum’s new OTT Video Service Provider Tracker provides insight into emerging trends in service model adoption in the rapidly growing, but increasingly crowded, OTT video market.
- Subscription-based service models dominate in terms of new OTT video service launches between March 2017 and May 2018 on a global level.
- Hybrid service models that combine subscriptions and advertising are becoming important, especially in Asia.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes Ovum's OTT Video Service Provider Tracker to identify trends in service model adoption on global, regional, and country levels.
- Identifies the subregions and individual countries where hybrid service models that combine subscriptions and advertising are most common.
Key questions answered
- What are the key trends in OTT video service launches between March 2017 and May 2018?
- How many new OTT video service launches between March 2017 and May 2018 operate on a SLIN, AVOD, SVOD, digital rental, and EST basis?
- Why is a hybrid approach to OTT video monetization growing in importance, and where in the world is this trend most prominent?
- What impact is the launch of numerous niche OTT video services having on the market landscape, and how should players look to compete?
Table of contents
Subscription continues to be the favored model for premium OTT video as SLIN continues to grow
Hybrid service models are important, especially in Asia
Smaller players must prepare to invest to keep up in an increasingly crowded market