This tracker tracks the availability of premium standalone over-the-top (OTT) video across 67 countries. It also captures information on the service model, content focus, and ownership of tracked services and contains subscription forecasts for selected services.
- The total number of active services available across all markets tracked in the OTT Video Service Provider Tracker stood at 1,362 in May 2018, up from 1,244 active services in 2017.
Features and Benefits
- Tracks the availability, service model, and content proposition of 1,362 OTT video services across 67 individual countries.
- Assesses the market impact of subscription services in each country by outlining the growth trajectory of 600 country-level subscription forecasts.
- Classifies the service model of each covered OTT video service between FVOD, AVOD, digital rental, electronic sell-through, SVOD, and SLIN.
Key questions answered
- Which standalone OTT video services are available in each of Ovum’s 67 Tier 1 and Tier 2 markets? How has the total number changed over the past five years?
- What are the leading subscription-based OTT video services in each market in terms of subscriptions, and how will this change over the next five years?
- Which service model is most prominent among OTT video services in each individual country, region, and subregion?
- Which services offer movies, on-demand TV, originals, kids' content, short clips, UHD/4K, live sports, linear TV channels, and linear channels?
- How many OTT video services in each country and region are owned by OTT new entrants, TV broadcasters, other media players, and network operators?
Table of contents
Download 1: OTT Video Service Provider Tracker, June 2018