OTT video is no longer supplementary to a greater TV market. In a curiously diverse situation, the online video distribution system is now integrating with pay TV, while at the same time becoming its biggest existential threat.
- Revenue from OTT services is rising, and growing numbers of consumers are finding the flexibility and convenience of OTT offerings preferable to traditional broadcast services.
Features and Benefits
- Details the latest OTT forecasts from Ovum.
- Examines the possible impact of the rise of OTT on broadcast royalties.
Key questions answered
- How is revenue from OTT services going to rise in comparison with pay TV?
- What impact will OTT service growth have on broadcast collections?
Table of contents
OTT video competing head on with pay TV
Expansion plans for Netflix and Amazon
Impact on broadcast royalties