This is the second edition of the OTT Regulation Tracker, which tracks relevant OTT regulatory initiatives, including regulations issued, fines, public consultation, investigations, and court decisions that impact OTT players. Regulatory initiatives include privacy, data protection, taxation, relevant competition cases, and more.
- Increased smartphone usage and availability of wireless broadband has encouraged the use of internet-based platforms and services or OTT services that often compete with similar services based on older technologies. As the OTT market dominance grows, the OTT services create new regulatory challenges for governments and regulatory authorities, which are coming under increasing pressure from telcos.
Features and Benefits
- Tracks the types of OTT regulatory initiatives adopted by regulators globally.
- Assesses the scope of the initiatives adopted by regulators to attempt to level the playing field between OTTs and traditional telcos.
Key questions answered
- What steps are being taken to regulate OTTs?
- What is the scope of the regulations being implemented?
Table of contents
Download 1: OTT Regulation Tracker: 1H19