The OTT Messaging Forecast: 2018–23 forecasts registered users, monthly active users (MAUs), and traffic (text, picture, video) across mobile and fixed networks. The forecast cover 67 countries in eight regions.
- Ovum forecasts that unique mobile MAUs of OTT messaging apps will total almost 4 billion by 2023, with most of these users located in Oceania, Eastern and South-Eastern Asia region and specifically, China, where WeChat has already exceeded 1 billion MAUs.
- Total annual mobile OTT messaging traffic will more than triple between 2018 and 2023, to exceed 120 trillion messages by the end of the forecast period.
- Ovum forecasts that picture and video messaging will grow at a higher rate over the forecast period than text messaging, as users increasingly use these apps to share content.
Features and Benefits
- Discover which countries and regions are the largest markets for OTT messaging users and traffic.
- Compare the growth rate of OTT messaging users and traffic across different regions and markets.
Key questions answered
- Which country has the most mobile monthly active users of OTT messaging?
- Which country is generating the highest amount of OTT messaging traffic, across mobile and fixed?
- How do OTT messaging traffic growth rates compare across regions and markets?
Table of contents
Download 1: OTT Messaging Forecast: 2018–23