The strategy of launching newer ICT services has faced many headwinds, mostly competition from incumbents with better track records and, increasingly, from more-agile digital entities.
- It is encouraging that Orange Business Services has managed to produce three consecutive quarters of year-over-year growth. This was fueled by Orange's strategy of helping customers through their digital journeys, which has allowed it to sell a broader array of ICT services, particularly in France.
Features and Benefits
- Evaluates the top opportunities that Orange Business Services needs to pursue.
- Identifies how Orange Business Services should leverage all of its recent acquisitions.
Key questions answered
- What will be the top challenges for Orange Business Services in the near future?
- What are the missing elements from Orange Business Services's portfolio?
Table of contents
Recommendations for Orange
Orange's digital aspirations take shape
Acquisition of Business & Decision gives Orange data science and analytics credibility
Professional services-led engagements should be the way forward
The future will be a co-innovation and co-investment model
Services-driven strategy can backfire
Positioning as a digital partner of choice