Oracle has announced its intention to acquire DataScience.com for an undisclosed amount in a deal that targets a key gap in Oracle's analytics portfolio.
- This research note analyzes Oracle's proposed DataScience.com acquisition and how it impacts Oracle's competitive position versus IBM and its major cloud platform rivals.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes why the DataScience.com deal is important for Oracle.
- Discusses how and where DataScience.com fits into Oracle's PaaS portfolio.
Key questions answered
- How does DataScience.com fill a gap in Oracle's big data analytics cloud portfolio?
- How does the DataScience.com offering compare with IBM Watson Studio and machine learning services from Amazon, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud?
Table of contents
AI matters, and data science is the key prerequisite
Where DataScience.com fills the gap
How DataScience.com could fit into the Oracle Cloud PaaS portfolio