At Oracle OpenWorld 2019, announcements included a refresh of the Exadata Cloud at Customer offering and a new free tier of the Oracle Autonomous Database, which of course is based on a cloud-native Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) implementation of Exadata.
- Gen 2 Exadata Cloud at Customer offering gets its management and control tools in sync with the Oracle’s mainstream cloud and database services, while easing connectivity with the customer’s own on-premises IT infrastructure.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes support for Oracle Database 19c, the newest long-term supported release of the database.
- Describes the Oracle free tier for its Autonomous Database service.
Key questions answered
- What was the guiding notion for Oracle Cloud at Customer?
- What is the pricing strategy for Oracle's Autonomous Database?
Table of contents
Getting in sync with Oracle public cloud and database
Taming the upgrade treadmill
Oracle unveils competitive free tier for Autonomous Database