At the recent Oracle OpenWorld Asia in Singapore themes centered around automation, AI, and ML across its portfolio, with Oracle making a big play for the enterprise AI market targeted at applications, platforms, and autonomous databases.
- A highlight of Oracle OpenWorld Asia was its AI-powered innovations for Oracle HCM Cloud that reimagines HR and talent processes to "make work more human."
- Oracle has placed the technology at the center of three strategic areas to help enterprises accelerate their AI adoption, namely ready-to-go (AI applications), ready-to-build (AI platform), and ready-to-work (autonomous database).
- Oracle's AI-powered innovations for its HCM Cloud are helping HR professionals rewrite the script for talent processes and job functions in shaping the future workplace.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes some of the key announcements from Oracle OpenWorld Asia.
- Assesses Oracle HCM Cloud and its opportunities in Asia-Pacific.
Key questions answered
- Which areas of Oracle's portfolio are being infused with AI?
- How can HR and associated technology support employee engagement?
Table of contents
Oracle is making AI for everyone in the enterprise market
Oracle HCM makes work "more human" with AI
HCM is gaining traction in Asia
Aligning HR and finance will enable stronger productivity gains