Oracle has taken the next step in the lights-out cloud database with the general release of Oracle Autonomous Transaction Processing (ATP) Database 18c.
- It is clearly early days for autonomous databases, but Ovum believes that applying ML to databases will eventually become the norm.
Features and Benefits
- Discusses how autonomous databases pick up where automated databases leave off and use ML to make optimization decisions.
- Analyzes how OLTP presents different challenges for autonomous databases compared to analytics.
Key questions answered
- How could autonomous databases incorporating ML save money for enterprises?
- How and why is Oracle offering several options for its autonomous transaction database?
Table of contents
The next step in Oracle's autonomous database journey
What's in it for the enterprise?
Optimizations for OLTP
Why Oracle ATP offers indexing "knobs"