Ovum's optical networks forecast projects the global market that supports network connectivity by region for the years 2019 to 2024. Ovum analyzes the impact on the adoption of higher-speed coherent optics, growth by region, and growth by product segmentation.
- 400G+ coherent capable lines will grow 63% by 2024.
- Optical network market will grow 3.2% by 2024 driven by data center interconnect, wireless backhaul/fronthaul, and migration to higher speed optics.
Features and Benefits
- Assess key growth areas in Optical network market.
- Analyzes the type of coherent optics will be adopted over time.
- Compares current forecast to previous forecast for high speed optics such as higher 200G.
- Identify the optical wavelength units based on actual operations.
Key questions answered
- What regions have the fastest growing optical network spending?
- What type of coherent line will support most traffic?
- What drove the changes in the forecast?
Table of contents
Download 1: Optical Networks Forecast Spreadsheet: 2019–24