The optical networking (ON) market is projected to exceed $20bn by 2023. Cloud, 5G-enabled, and enhanced services are all projected to grow and place further demands on the optical core.
- Optical functionality is moving to the network edge and far edge. Optics will be integrated with the next-generation MBH-MFH solutions and mobile edge compute.
Features and Benefits
- Highlights regional CAGRs along with underpinning market trends.
- Reveals high-growth product segments and technology transitions.
Key questions answered
- How fast the will the 400G market grow?
- How is the purpose-built DCI market doing?
Table of contents
The global ON market is forecast to exceed $20bn in 2023
Results for 3Q18
Annualized global revenues grew 3.5% versus the 3Q17 period
Long-range market forecast drivers and barriers
New business models are maturing but trade troubles threaten market balkanization
Applications and access extensions are driving technology adoption and core network expansion
Product group forecasts
The topline optical network market projected steady-up
Market scenarios and warning signs
ON market growth driven by cloud with 5G upside