Ovum is forecasting a strong optical component (OC) FTTx PON market primarily due to next-gen PON deployments and plans.
- Ovum's latest OC PON market forecast reflects a major revenue increase from 2016 given the higher costs of 10G PON and Combo PON optics compared with 1G EPON and 2.5G GPON optics.
- Ovum forecasts 10G PON and Combo PON OLT to ramp quickly due to residential bandwidth demand, along with the use of PON for nonresidential subscribers and applications such as enterprise and business services, MBH, and possibly MFH.
Features and Benefits
- Highlights the major trends of the OC PON forecast.
- Includes Combo PON OLT OCs for the first time.
Key questions answered
- What is driving the OC PON forecast to increase from 2016?
- How much demand is there for next-gen PON OCs?
Table of contents
Next-gen PON boosts the OC market segment
10G PON and Combo PON OLT OCs will ramp quickly
Bandwidth demands and competition require 10G PON ONTs
NG-PON2 optics are shipping but remain niche compared with 10G
OC PON market is strong, but forecast is lower than last year's