Ovum is forecasting a strong FTTx PON optical component (OC) market due to next-gen PON upgrades and FTTx network builds in general.
- Network upgrades to 10G PON are underway, with additional upgrades planned throughout the forecast period. Consequently, Ovum's latest OC PON market forecast reflects a major revenue increase from 2016 given the higher costs of 10G PON and Combo PON optics compared with 1G EPON and 2.5G GPON optics.
Features and Benefits
- Covers units, ASPs, and resulting revenues for PON optical components by type of OLT and ONT/ONU.
- Includes GPON, XG-PON1, XGS-PON, Combo PON, NG-PON2, 25G/50G GPON, EPON, EPON (10/1), EPON (10/10), and 25G/50G EPON.
- Combo PON is a new category in the forecast.
Key questions answered
- How does this year's forecast compare with last year's forecast?
- What is Combo PON and which operators are likely to choose this OC PON OLT?
- How large is the 10G PON OC market? How quickly will ASPs decline?
- How large will the NG-PON2 OC market be in 2023?
Table of contents
Download 1: Optical Component FTTx PON Forecast: 2017–23