Operators are testing how 5G works in different spectrum bands. The most concern is around mmWave’s performance, an area of spectrum that operators have very little experience in using for mobile access.
- After a visit to Telstra's innovation lab on the Gold Coast, Ovum gathered insights into mmWave's potential sweet spot.
Features and Benefits
- This research note describes real-world scenarios for mmWave spectrum usage.
- The report also looks at how the US is using/sharing mmWave spectrum alongside other spectrum frequencies.
Key questions answered
- What are the potential use cases for mmWave spectrum?
- How is mmWave spectrum being deployed in the US?
Table of contents
Telstra says mmWave is ideal for indoor enterprise services
So what are US operators doing?