This forecast sizes the global revenue opportunity for video advertising, identifies key growth areas, and assesses the prospects of video advertising across numerous consumer devices (mobile, PC, connected TV) and platforms (YouTube, Facebook, other internet content providers, and broadcasters).
- Ovum forecasts that total global revenue generated by online video advertising will double between 2018 and 2023, growing from $44bn to $88bn. AVOD will represent 52% of this total in 2023, equating to $46bn in revenue. Out-stream video advertising will grow its share of global revenue from 43% in 2018 to 48% in 2023, when it will be worth $42bn.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses the growth opportunity of online video advertising across Ovum's 20 individual tier one countries and overall regions.
- Enables users to segment online video advertising revenue by device, format, and platform.
Key questions answered
- How much revenue will come from online video advertising delivered to mobile devices, desktop and laptops, and connected TVs over the next five years?
- What share of the market will broadcasters enjoy compared to YouTube, Facebook, and other internet content providers between 2018 and 2023?
- Which countries and regions will offer the biggest growth opportunities for online video advertising over the next five years?
- What are the growth prospects of video advertising directly aligned with video content (i.e., in-stream/AVOD) compared to out-stream video advertising?
Table of contents
Download 1: Online Video Advertising Forecast: Broadcaster AVOD, YouTube, and Facebook, 2018–23