Data centers will have multiple technology options for upgrading their networks. Ovum surveyed data center operators about their plans for new 400G technology and server connectivity as this represents a major transformation in the network.
- Data centers will rely on 400G as a strategic technology within the data center.
- Operators have interest in both 400G ZR and 100G ZR for DCI.
- 400GbE will account for over 45% of datacom optical module spending.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses data center operators plans for 400GbE in the data center.
- Learn what type of server connectivity data center operators plan to deploy.
- Asssesses the deployment plans for 400G ZR
- Features a forecast for 400G ZR as well as other high speed coherent optical lines.
Key questions answered
- What is the mix of metro data center interconnect(DCI)
- What year do data center operators plan to deploy 400G ZR?
- What type of metro data center interconnect (DCI) does the data center operator use?
- What is the share of optical networking spending by region for data center operators and what is the implication on networking spending?
- What are the reasons for deploying 100G ZR?
Table of contents
Recommendations for enterprises or service/content providers
Recommendations for vendors
400G within the data center is important for data center operators
Data centers – server infrastructure
Data center networking infrastructure
Data center interconnect migrates to 400G and pluggable optics
Data center interconnect relies on service providers and dark fiber–based networks
Data center operators plan to deploy new interconnections technology soon