Tibit's PON MicroPlug enables standard Ethernet switches to support PON, eliminating PON-specific hardware, thereby reducing footprint and power, while supporting residential and nonresidential applications.
- CSPs are seeking PON solutions that reduce their reliance on large, power-hungry, application-specific hardware. Tibit's MicroPlug approach, which contains the PON-specific functions, replaces the large OLT chassis, leading to equipment savings along with lower space and power requirements.
- By plugging into standard switches, Tibit's MicroPlug takes advantage of widely deployed Ethernet switches, supporting PON in central offices, remote nodes, and wireless network locations for the support of MBH.
- Tibit's Microplug OLT separates hardware functions from software functions; consequently, SDN can be applied to PON, leading to capex and opex savings for CSPs.
Features and Benefits
- This OTR report examines Tibit Communications, a vendor enabling CORD/NFV and SDN for FTTx PON access networks.
- This OTR report presents the benefits that Tibit's MicroPlug can offer to CSPs, both telco and cable.
Key questions answered
- Who is Tibit? What problems is it solving for CSPs?
- Who are Tibit's customers and end customers?
- How is Tibit facilitating the goals of SDN and NFV for access networks?
Table of contents
Products and services
Business model and commercial strategy
On the Radar