Demand for service orchestration and assurance is picking up among CSPs, and they want to understand how the relationship between MANO and their OSS/BSS will evolve in an SDN/NFV environment.
- Many CSPs have reached a stage in their SDN/NFV deployments where they are planning to launch NFV-based services; therefore, they will increasingly turn to the vendor community for help in managing and assuring network performance and service delivery as virtualization increases network complexity.
Features and Benefits
- Identifies the main drivers for MANO and OSS/BSS integration.
- Explains the changes required for next-generation OSS in a hybrid networking environment.
Key questions answered
- Why is service assurance becoming a key priority in an expanding SDN/NFV environment?
- How are open source developments affecting OSS/BSS and MANO?
Table of contents
Recommendations for service providers
Recommendations for vendors
Web-scale disruption accelerates software investments
New services increase potential revenue opportunity
Open source developments further standardization of MANO
Internal challenges remain, but will lessen with time
Next-generation OSS/BSS in an SDN/NFV environment
Automation is a requirement for MANO and OSS integration
Service assurance is a priority in a hybrid network environment