Network function virtualization (NFV), despite an inconsistent start, will be one of the key enabling technologies driving this telco-to-digital service provider shift in preparation for 5G.
- As NFV infrastructures mature, the next step for operators will be to move toward edge computing and network slicing capabilities to drive the service efficiencies enterprises are demanding.
Features and Benefits
- Sizes the market potential for NFV software vendors.
- Discusses the major drivers for CSP spend on NFV software.
Key questions answered
- What are the drivers for CSP investment in NFV?
- After 5G commercialization, what are the next areas CSPs are going to invest in?
Table of contents
NFV remains integral for 5G networking
Onward to edge computing and network slicing
Operators still need help navigating NFV deployments