At MWC Shanghai, China Mobile and the three Japanese telcos NTT DoCoMo, KDDI, and Softbank shared monthly active user (MAU) data which suggests that their RCS services are holding strong against communications apps WeChat and Line.
- China Mobile revealed that it has 110 million RCS monthly active users, which represents about 40% of the global RCS MAUs and is equivalent to about 10% of WeChat's MAUs.
Features and Benefits
- This report analyzes how China Mobile is taking on a leading role in the global RCS industry.
- The report analyzes what China Mobile's launch of RCS Business Messaging (RBM) means for the RCS ecosystem.
Key questions answered
- How many MAUs does Japan's RCS-based +message service have, and how does this compare to Line's MAUs?
- How have China Mobile and the Japanese telcos been able to grow their RCS MAUs?
- How many telcos globally have launched RCS Business Messaging?
- What will China Mobile's 5G Messaging Innovation Open Lab (MIOL) enable its partners to do?
Table of contents
RCS take-up in China and Japan vindicates handset strategy
Telcos should focus on partnering and innovation, especially for RBM
Telcos need to launch RBM as well as P2P RCS