This report is designed to help consumer service providers, media companies, internet platforms, and their technology partners understand and respond to the trends that emerged at MWC 2019.
- Operators identify the latest 5G killer App: ecosystem management.
- Despite the hype, both foldable and 5G smartphones will suffer from a lack of unique experiences and so will struggle to convince consumers to upgrade.
- 5G is the catalyst for a surge of interest in new entertainment options
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes the impact of MWC 2019 announcements
- Evaluates the potential of 5G use cases shown at MWC 2019
- Assesses the state of consumer AI based on MWC 2019 briefings
Key questions answered
- What were the key announcements at MWC 2019?
- What are the key consumer use cases for 5G that were shown at MWC 2019?
- Is there a future for foldable smartphones?
Table of contents
Operators' role in 5G consumer services is being defined by their capabilities to connect customers to digital brands
Foldable and 5G dominate the coverage, but 2019 impact will be limited
5G is the catalyst for a surge of interest in new entertainment options
Operators big up their AI assistants
Unlocking value from mobile users in emerging markets
RCS sees little in the way of big announcements, but behind the scenes support is gathering pace