Recorded music is a growth sector, with record-company financials and trade sales results indicating a bright future. However, there are some issues that require consideration, particularly regarding the price of a music subscription.
- Although the direct single user price is now firmly established and unlikely to change for the foreseeable future, the uptake of the family plan, whereby a single account allows access for six users, and its impact on streaming service revenue and user numbers, is starting to raise a few eyebrows.
Features and Benefits
- Gives an overview of the current music streaming sector, particularly with regards to future growth.
- Looks at the potential problems of rising costs forcing services to consider price rises.
Key questions answered
- Which streaming services pay the highest per-stream rates?
- Just how popular are music subscription service family plans?
Table of contents
All smiles for the recorded-music industry
Service dominance and the pressure on streaming rates
The difficult question of price