This research note contains the first roundup of music statistics news analysis for October 2019.
- Total royalty receipts for Russian authors’ society RAO increased 3% last year, to RUB5.130bn ($82.1m), from RUB4.981bn in 2017 (see Figure 1). The rise took the total above the RUB5bn mark for the first time and marked the second consecutive increase in collections.
Features and Benefits
- Examines the latest music industry statistics news.
- Includes RAO and SPA collections, US streaming population estimates, nine-month Google takedowns, and Ovum smartphone forecasts.
Key questions answered
- How did the performance of rights collections in Russia compare with those in Portugal last year?
- Which region will have the most smartphones in use in 2024, and which region will register the highest growth?
Table of contents
RAO and SPA collections, US streaming population, Google takedowns, smartphone forecasts
Record collections for Russia's RAO
Public performance gains boost SPA revenue
US music streaming population continues to grow
Google URL removal requests keep on rising
Asia-Pacific dominance of smartphone ownership to continue